Service Desk is the single point of contact through which all users report incidents and problems. Incident Management is generally the first process that is started after receiving a customer request on the Service Desk. Incident Management minimizes the business impact of incidents by timely detection and resolution of incidents.
Service Desk and Incident Management course includes:
- Basic Concepts of Service Desk
- Basic Concepts of Incident Management
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the basics of Service Desk.
- Understand the basics of Incident Management.
You receive a certificate of completion after successfully completing this course.
Service desk enables organizations to achieve higher productivity‚ and therefore lower IT support costs.
Service desk can be of 3 types:
- Call center
- Help desk
- Service desk
A call center handles large call volumes‚ primarily telephone-based
Incident Management provides accurate information on the incidents that are occurring‚ which can be used for service improvement plans. The goals of Incident Management are to restore service ASAP‚ minimize impact of incidents on the business‚ and ensure that service quality and availability meet SLA’s.
Incident Management’s responsibilities include:
- Incident detection & recording
- Classification and initial support
- Investigation & diagnosis
- Resolution & recovery‚ Incident closure
- Incident Control
- Incident ownership‚ monitoring‚ tracking & communication