Software is integral in all spheres of life. It is business-strategic because it enables organizations to provide products and services that differentiate them from their competitors. The process used for building software is just like processes used for building any custom made product. A software engineer needs to follow a defined engineering process to build software, just like an architect who constructs a building following a defined process.
Software Engineering Process Approach course includes:
- An Introduction to Software Engineering
- Software Process Models
- Common Process Framework
- Software Process Improvement
- Advanced Software Process Models
This course has been co-authored by internationally recognized consultant and authority on software engineering—Dr. Roger S. Pressman.
This course will enable you to:
- Explain what a software is and describe the software engineering layers.
- Explain what a process model is and describe the commonly used software process models.
- Explain what a common process framework is and how it is established and used in an organization.
- Explain what software process improvement is and how an organization can implement it.
- Explain some advanced software process models.
You receive a certificate of completion after successfully completing this course.
Software Engineering Process Approach (SE100) course is a series comprising of 5 online courses (SE101 to SE105). Please refer to the details of these courses for information on content coverage of the ‘Software Engineering Process Approach’ course.