This course is also being offered as a PMI PDU qualifier as ELSE200.
For a project to be successful‚ it has to be planned and managed so that the project objectives are achieved. A comprehensive plan ensures adequate planning for all the aspects that are necessary for project success. A plan is used to execute the project‚ and to monitor and control it.
Software project managementplays a critical role in the success of a project. It is an activity that requires organization‚ experience‚ commitment‚ and luck.
Software Project Management course includes:
This course has been co-authored by the internationally recognized consultant and authority on software engineering—Dr. Roger S. Pressman.
This course will enable you to:
- Explain what software project management is‚ how a project team is organized‚ and how the project schedule is created and used.
- Explain the importance of estimation and product scope in project planning and how the grammatical parse technique and the decomposition and empirical approaches help in understanding the scope and estimating.
- Explain the importance of measuring the product size‚ types of measurements required‚ and the techniques used for measuring the size of the product.
- Explain the importance of outsourcing in software project management and how alternative development approaches are evaluated using the decision tree and the expected value techniques.
- Explain the importance of risk management in software project management‚ the basic concepts related to risks‚ the risk management model‚ and the risk categories.
You receive a certificate of completion after successfully completing this course.
Software Project Management (SE200) course is a series comprising of 6 online courses (SE201 to SE206). Please refer to the details of these courses for information on content coverage of the software project management course