Execution of projects successfully is of primary business interest to organizations. Failed or ‘runaway’ projects cost the organizations immensely. It is therefore essential for project managers to acquire the knowledge‚ skills‚ and techniques of project management to manage projects successfully.
An Introduction to Project Management course includes:
- Basics of Project Management
- Project Management Processes and Project Initiation
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- Project Risk Management
- Project Monitoring and Controlling
- Project Human resource management and Soft Skills
- Project Closure Analysis
This project management training course will enable you to:
- Understand the essentials of projects and project management.
- Describe the project management processes.
- Identify process of project planning and scheduling.
- Understand the project risk management lifecycle.
- Understand process of project monitoring and controlling.
- Understand how to manage project teams effectively.
- Understand project closure analysis.
You receive a certificate of completion after successfully completing this course.
A project is a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product or service.
A process can be defined as series of action that brings about a result. Processes can be of two types:
- Project management processes
- Product-oriented processes
Project managers use the charter and the requirements from identified relevant stakeholders as input in the process of scope definition. Project scope includes the project justification/ objectives‚ description of the product or service sought to be delivered‚ major deliverables‚ and exclusions.
Risk management is the systematic process of identifying‚ analyzing‚ and responding to project risk.
It is necessary that the projects are properly monitored and controlled because things do not always go according to plan.
- Project scope may change.
- Estimates for activities may differ from actual.
- Infrastructure related problems may occur.
- Human resource related issues may crop.
- Unanticipated additional crisis may arise.
Project human resource planning deals with project roles‚ responsibilities‚ and reporting relationships for creating the staffing management plan. These groups can be inside or outside the organization performing the project.
Project closure involves finalizing all the activities across project management process groups to formally close the project or a project phase.
Note: The course is based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) guide from the Project Management Institute (PMI)‚ USA.