The success of any software project largely depends on effective estimation of project effort, time, and cost. Estimation helps in setting realistic targets for completing a project.
If these estimates are inaccurate, it can impact the project cost drastically and result in the project being delayed. Therefore, before initiating a project, it is essential to know how long it would take to complete the project, what would be the development cost, and how many resources would be required.
Software Estimation course includes:
- Software Size Estimation Using FPA
- Software Effort and Schedule Estimation
- Effort and Schedule Estimation Using COCOMO II
This course will enable you to:
- Explain the basic concepts of function point analysis (FPA).
- Estimate software size by using the Detailed FPA technique.
- Explain the basic concepts, processes, and models related to effort and schedule estimation for a software project.
- Understand the basic concepts of COCOMO II model and how to use the three COCOMO II models for effort and schedule estimation.
You receive a certificate of completion after successfully completing this course.
Software Estimation (ES100) course is a series comprising of 3 online courses (ES101 to ES103). Please refer to the details of these courses for information on content coverage of the Software Estimation course.