For the success of a project, it is important to make correct estimations of its development effort. To arrive at such estimates, the estimators need to measure the size of software to be built. Software size is measured from the functional requirements or specifications of the software at an early stage of a project—before commitments are made to customers.
An Introduction to COSMIC-FFP course includes:
- Basics of COSMIC FFP
- Mapping Phase of COSMIC FFP
- Measurement Phase of COSMIC FFP
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the basics of COSMIC-FFP.
- Discuss the principles and rules for the activities occurring in the mapping phase of COSMIC-FFP.
- Discuss the principles and rules for the activities occurring in the measurement phase of COSMIC-FFP
You receive a certificate of completion after successfully completing this course.
COSMIC-FFP is a voluntary initiative from practitioners and academicians from Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America.
COSMIC-FFP is suitable for business and real time applications. It is not suitable for applications that use high computational logic.
The COSMIC-FFP measurement method considers the measurement of the functional size of the software through two distinct phases—mapping phase and measurement phase.
The mapping phase involves mapping of the requirements to the COSMIC-FFP generic model.
The measurement phase involves identifying the various data movement types and applying standard equation for calculating the size of the software.